I love Sydney!  I have lived here for most of my life and I love to help overseas and interstate tourists realise their wedding dreams.  Communicating is easy with email and Skype!


Sydney is a wonderful city with beautiful beaches, temperate weather, even in the winter and wonderful wedding venues, so you will be spoilt for choice! Getting married in Sydney will make your holiday one to remember!


Legal Information

You don’t need to be an Australian resident to marry in Australia but you do need to meet the legal requirements which are the same for everyone.  See Legal Info for full details.


Notice of Intended Marriage

Post a completed, signed and witnessed Notice of Intended Marriage to reach me at least one calendar month before the wedding.  The earlier the better in case we have to make any corrections!


1.  Download and complete the Notice of Intended Marriage.


2.  You will need to sign the Notice in front of either:

 *  a notary public - this may be the easiest option for you!


 *  an Australian Diplomatic Officer,

 *  an Australian Consular Officer,

 *  an employee of the Commonwealth authorized under paragraph 3 (c) of the  Consular Fees Act 1955, or

 * an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorized under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.


3.  Photocopy your passports and any divorce certificate, change of name certificate etc.


*  Note that I will need to see your original passports and any original divorce certificate, change of name certificate etc before the wedding day.



4.  Post the completed and signed Notice of Intended Marriage with the photocopies of your passports and any divorce certificate, change of name certificate etc.


I must receive the completed and signed Notice of Intended Marriage at least one month before the wedding date.   


Authentication and Apostille Stamps

You will need to check with your government beforehand to see if they will recognise your marriage in Australia.  In addition, you will need to check if they will require proof that Australian documents (eg marriage certificate), or the signatures of Australian officials on documents, are genuine before they will accept them.


Some countries require that overseas documents are authenticated or have an apostille stamp before they will accept them.  If your country requires this, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) can assist you by stamping the document with an authentication or apostille.  For full details and fees, please see the DFAT website.


The DFAT website states "As a general guide, documents going to countries that are party to the 1961 Hague Apostille Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents require an apostille, for example: Italy, Greece, and many others.  Documents going to countries that are not party to the Hague Convention generally require an authentication, for example: China, most Middle Eastern countries and many others."

Get married in Sydney - Tourist Information 

Marriage Visas

If you are applying for a prospetive marriage visa, the Australian Immigration Office can assist you.  For full details and fees, please see the Immigration website


After you have lodged your Notice of Intended Marriage with me, I can provide you with a confirmation letter which you can provide to Immigration.


Same-sex Marriages

Marriage equality is now legal in Australia.  I would be more than happy to conduct your marriage ceremony.


Already Married Overseas

If you are already married and would like to renew your vows in Sydney during your holiday, I can help you with designing a very special ceremony that you will always remember.